Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Howsafe Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Please note any agreed faulty goods will be credited (or replaced) in full – including your return postage costs if applicable.
For items that do not fit correctly it will be your responsibility to return the garment to Howsafe Ltd and we will charge postage for sending the alternative size.
Please note that if you are a business* within our 25 mile radius of Peterborough please call us to arrange a viewing of the faulty item – if agreed faulty we will replace or credit with no additional charges. Size exchanges are done FOC for business users within 25 miles of Peterborough.
If you are local you may also bring your item into the Peterborough Workwear Store for inspection or exchange.
*Please note: to qualify as a business you need to have a business premises where someone is on-site during normal business hours
Any agreed faulty goods will be replaced at Howsafe’s cost.
Shipping And Handling
Howsafe at this time only deliver to U.K mainland.
Postal deliveries to some parts of the Scottish Highlands and Northern Ireland are subject to quotation.
All orders over 75GBP are posted F.O.C, all orders under 75GBP will be subject to 6.95GBP postage and packing. Postage and packing fees are subject to VAT.
You can also, upon checkout, either opt to collect from our showroom in Peterborough, or if you are a local business (with a Trade Account that has been linked by Howsafe to the website - call us) within a 25-30 miles radius of Peterborough you can select FOC delivery via Howsafe transport.
Most orders are despatched same/next day. Howsafe use a 24/48 hour carrier.
Please allow five working days for all deliveries although virtually all orders arrive within 2/3 working days. Howsafe do not despatch orders during the weekends, bank holidays. Howsafe are usually closed over the Christmas period until the start of January.
If you have any special instructions or require goods urgently please contact one of our sales advisors and we will help if we can.
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. We will endeavour to contact you if we have a stock shortage to give you the option of cancelling or accepting a suitable alternative.
We accept all major credit cards.
Howsafe use the secure Paypoint service (see below) for all orders accepted over the internet. If we need to refund you at any point we will contact you to refund manually, as at no point when you check out on our website do we see your credit card details.
Your invoice address must match the card’s address.
All goods are subject to VAT at the Standard Rate.
Some products such as safety boots and helmets are zero VAT rated if they are purchased for an individuals own use.
Howsafe will adjust as required upon despatch of order.
Credit Card Security
All credit card numbers are encrypted in the software when the order is placed using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
Howsafe processes secure online payments through paypoint.net who comply with the highest level of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCIDSS).
Their anti-fraud solutions operate around the clock on the PayPoint.net platform, calculating the risks associated with every transaction. In addition to our automated fraud solutions, 3D Secure (Verified by Visa and Mastercard Secure Code) is integrated with their hosted payment solutions and is easily added to API integration. An added safe-guard is VYC, Verify Your Customer, which can verify a customers details in less than 2 seconds.
For account holders our terms are strictly 30 days net.
A Little Bit of Info About Howsafe
You deserve exceptional service — something that our family-run company has been delivering since 1978. Howsafe have one of the largest shops in the UK, dedicated to displaying our range of workwear, safety equipment and cleaning supplies. The shop is open to retail and trade customers.
The Howsafe Workwear Store
We would like to invite you to our showroom here in Peterborough where you can see virtually all of our stock range of products out on display. During your visit you can also view embroidery and printing samples and discuss any other requirements you may have.
What do we supply?
Howsafe are a stockist and specialist in four main areas:
- Workwear – Howsafe stock a huge range of workwear, including hi-viz, office corporate clothing, outdoor, cold store, wet weather and many other types of specialist clothing, such as the hugely popular branded products including Snickers, CAT and Timberland ranges.
- Embroidery & printing - Howsafe have our own embroidery and printing machines allowing you to enhance your company image.
- Safety equipment – Helmets, safety boots, respirators, safety eye protection – the list goes “on and on” – and it’s all available straight off the shelf.
- Cleaning supplies – Toilet rolls, cleaning chemicals, hand soaps, mops, brushes, refuse sacks – it’s easier to tell you what products we don’t stock.
Howsafe specialise in supplying all sizes of company from “one man bands” to some of the biggest companies in the UK. For a quote for quantity or if you are in charge of your companies budget and wish to discuss a package please give us a call and ask for either Jim Lawson or Clark Howe.
Our Unique Van Sales Service for Local Customers
Howsafe can offer an unrivalled, personal & unique service to business customers located within a 25 mile radius of Peterborough.
Our deliveries and customer care visits are carried out using our own transport by a dedicated Area Manager, who is personally responsible for handling your account and carrying out fittings, demonstrations & exchanges. We like to do business face-to-face and give you one main point of contact to make your buying process as simple and trouble-free as possible.
Free delivery (same day in Peterborough), no minimum order, free exchanges, no hidden charges and an on-the-shelf policy adds up to unbeatable service.
Peterborough Account Manager: David Houlden – All City locations including Westwood, Bretton, Paston, Werrington, Orton Southgate, Woodston, Hampton, Stanground, Fengate and Eastern Industry
North Account Manager: Jon Pennie – Boston, Spalding, Bourne, Deeping St James, Market Deeping, Wisbech, Kings Lynn, Downham Market, Holbeach and surrounding areas
South Account Manager: Stephen Fairhurst – Yaxley, Sawtry, Huntingdon, St Ives, St Neots, Cambridge, Ely, Chatteris, March, Whittlesey, Ramsey, Thorney and surrounding areas
West Account Manager: Darren Atkins – Oundle, Thrapston, Rushden, Finedon, Wellingborough, Kettering, Corby, Burton Latimer, Market Harborough, Uppingham, Oakham, Stamford, Grantham and surrounding areas
Our Contact details
18-20 Challenger Way
Edgerley Business Park
Phone: (01733) 560669
Fax: (01733) 348115
VAT Registration Number: 344 3066 73
If you need to reach us, please email us on , alternatively, you can call on:
(01733) 560669 (International +44 (01733) 560669)
or fax us on
(01733) 348115 (International +44 (01733) 348115)
Howsafe cannot accept liability in respect of errors or ommissions herein or consequential loss, damage or malfunction arising from reliance on this website. As with all personal protective equipment it is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the product is suitable for the job and meets the required standards and specifications after carrying out a risk assessment. Howsafe are not health and safety advisors but do work very closely with manufacturers. Many manufacturers have telephone helplines and site visits may be available in many circumstances. Due to occasional interruptions in supply and specification changes products may change without notice. Although every effort has been made to accurately represent our products within this website due to the limitations of visual display and photographic reproduction colours may differ from those shown.